why is pokémon black 2 so expensive

Where are you buying from? When I was checking, The gen5 games were $60, while the gen6 games were $40. © 2002–2020 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com. I only have obtained Gen6 Pokémon games for my 3ds. The No.1 Trainer Promo card was reprinted multiple times and used in several competitions, so that’s why this card is not the most expensive Pokémon card in the world but still worth a good chunk of change. This is the place for most things Pokémon on Reddit—TV shows, video games, toys, trading cards, you name it! Kangaskhan – Parent/Child Promo Card – $133,000, Tropical Mega Battle No. There are an estimated eight cards in circulation that have the “PRERELEASE” badge. That's funny in Japan they have these used videogame/dvd stores and Black 2 and White 2 were both sub ¥1000. Two of those games were Black and Black 2, so he certainly didn't get those games for the almost retail price you're talking about. Neither of these are particularly rare as far as I can work out, and as much as I love them they're not exactly golden age. As well as singular cards, you can also spend a lot of money on booster packs like this one. Now you can finally create the monster you've always wanted to. The list of Pokémon cards and figures mentioned below have been compiled from various sources around the web, such as Ranker & The Gamer. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Your Privacy Controls. Black 2 is almost $40 more than white 2 on amazon, is it considered to be the better version or something? White 2 is in stock and being sold by Nintendo themselves which will keep the price low. Three new Gym Leaders and a new Champion are introduced, while the Unova Pokédex is expanded to include Pokémon th… Everything else on the card remains the same as the base set version, except a stamp that serves as the main differentiator. They were then able to present these cards to gain world-class treatment at any Tropical Mega Battle. That being said White 2 is less popular, at least in my opinion, because White Kyurem looks pretty bad to most people so it would make sense that amazon would still have some physical copies left. Any other game can be easily bought for $30 or less, excluding LGE and LGP. If you're shopping online, some people jack up the prices for an unopened/unused copy. The only way to get your hands on one of these was to compete in the above-mentioned tournament or a few other competitions in 2005. Can I activate the dropped item event in just regular Pokémon white instead of Pokémon white 2? I got White 2 a while ago as it was cheaper, didn't realise there was a difference. The price comes from them being sealed in a booster box, instead of just a booster pack. So if you have one in your collection or lurking around in the basement, dig it out, it’s worth around $1,500! Why are Pokemon black and black 2 so expensive Discussion / Venting Black isn't the worst as you can find it for about $45 but getting your hands on black and white 2 is another story, they're averaging around $90 and are well over double retail at release, compared to a game like emerald they out price it … If I swap Black City and White Forest, will the Black Tower still be cleared when I go back? So why the heck are B2 and W2 so dang expensive? Espeon is the most valuable of all the Gold Star cards as it was awarded to players that met certain criteria and was distributed to them by the Pokémon Players Club. Support the PokéCommunity’s running costs with a small monetary donation. Is it really worth over $50 or even $100? PokemonExpert44: 3: 10/15 5:45AM: Best Pokemon to Shiny Hunt, with their Natures? As did I. I bought Black and Black 2 for a total of $10 off of Craigslist so not really a fair comparison lol. This gave birth to the official Pokémon Card Game tournament. All of the DS generation games seem to be highly sought after, even more so than the gen 3 and before games it seems. They were easy to identify in the game as they were slightly different colouring than any of their adversaries. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I'm guessing its because there aren't any more cartridges being made for the older games, and so the price of them will go up when there are less copies available in the martket. The No.2 Trainer Card costs more than double the price of the No.1 card, however, it’s pretty difficult to find and single listings like this are rare, therefore the owner can demand whatever price they like for it. The No.3 Trainer was awarded to the third highest-ranking player in the annual World Championships. We are continuing on our mission to inspire and motivate people around the world. The games take place two years after the events of Pokémon Black and White. Your email address will not be published. So, I was considering saving up or asking for Xmas, Pokémon Black or White. Glad I picked up my copy of White for £15 a few years ago, It's a mix of a nostalgia boom, black&white 2 have some of the most fun post game, and the Gen 5 games is how you transfer Pokemon from Gens 3, 4, and 5 to the 3DS and so on. The cards were awarded to players in a 2010 trading card tournament in Japan, therefore creating exclusivity and value. Because there are encounters there are also farewells. , IIRC, BW2 didn't sell a lot of units when it was first released, meaning they're a bit rarer than other DS Pokémon games, which is maybe another reason for the price being higher than other Pokémon games. Wealthy Gorilla is one of the fastest growing self-development websites worldwide; with articles and stories covering everything from quotes, net worths, richest lists, self-development lessons, and more. In Black 2 you can unlock challenge mode while in White 2 you can unlock easy mode. © 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. Most people prefer challenge mode. Ever since Pokémon arrived on the scene, it’s always been popular in some shape or form. I sold a bunch of pokemon games on ebay last month. They're also just DS games. Which are the most expensive Pokemon cards? Related: New Pokémon Anime Episodes Delayed Due To Japan's State Of Emergency The Nintendo DS is Nintendo's best-selling system (and is the second best-selling system of all time, behind the PlayStation 2). Note: I'm not asking where I can buy for cheaper, I know that already. If you have the one without a shadow around the image box, then you’d be able to fetch even more. In some cases it is legitimate for unopened copies or special editions as these would be highly valued by collectors. As many Pokémon fans will know, Venusaur was a difficult card to come by, let alone a holographic one. Why? This is the place for most things Pokémon on Reddit—TV shows, video games, toys, trading cards, you name it! Mewtwo was always one of the most elusive and rarest Pokémon in the game, so that also made his card worth a whole lot more than other expensive Pokémon cards on the list. How do I get the Pokémon from Pokémon dream radar onto Pokémon Black Version 2? First introduced in the EX line of play, Gold Star cards are the ones with the Shiny version of the Pokémon. If you want to get your hands on one, you’re going to have to do a lot of digging around online, as these cards a rarely available for sale! But for general use, they shouldn't run for more then $30-40 and that's in Canadian currency too. Your email address will not be published. Most pro Pokémon players would not even consider using Gastly in a match, let alone actually playing him. There are standard versions which you can purchase, however because of their rarity and association with some of the worlds top players, $9,999 is the bare minimum of what you’re going to have to pay to get your hands on one! However, the 1999 version, which was handed out to prize winners of another Tropical Mega Battle Tournament, is worth a great deal more! Black 2 is being sold from another website or business which has a low supply of Black 2, so the rarity will keep the price up for a new copy of the game. When he's not talking about business or marketing, you'll find him in the gym. Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 sold 1,561,738 units on their first week on the Japanese market, being 816,576 from Pokémon Black 2 and 745,162 from Pokémon White 2, with a sell-through of 82.91% and 77.43% respectively. D/P/Pt can be bought for $10, and HG/SS for $30 at the most. So I'm getting a 3Ds for my birthday and I'm getting X. I was looking into buying an older Pokemon game, like Platinum or Heartgold but they are so goddamn expensive. Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, Browsing and search activity while using Verizon Media websites and apps. i mean, it's for the same reasons why most other older pokemon games (like hgss) are so expensive: there are limited copies of them out there, and what little copies that do exist sell for a ridiculous amount. White 2 is in stock and being sold by Nintendo themselves which will keep the price low. Doesn't Black have the tower and white has the forest and I remember most people preferred the tower to challenge. This card is so rare that it’s impossible to value, so it’s left unknown until one finally, if ever, goes up for sale! Because it’s been awarded to some of the worlds best players, it now demands $10,000. At my local used game shop, they run for $30 before tax. So American should be cheaper. These are the 20 most expensive Pokémon cards in the world: Kicking off our list is at $499, is a Championship Card from the 2005 Pokémon World Championships. Working on a better slogan, 18 years and counting! They aren't games in the since that you'd play them purely for the satisfaction of doing so but rather they are the conduit links between the first five gens and the last three. Can anyone tell me why? Whether it’s collecting or playing the card game, working your way through the video games or watching the episodes and movies, Pokémon offers something for everyone. i'm honestly lucky enough that i got my copy of black 2 off gamestop when they were selling it for like $30-35 lmao, I had no clue the price had jumped that high. Next on our list of the most expensive Pokémon cards in the world is the 1999 Articuno. So, we thought we’d put together a list of the 20 most expensive Pokémon cards in the world and show you just how expensive some of these cards have become! To enable Verizon Media and our partners to process your personal data select 'I agree', or select 'Manage settings' for more information and to manage your choices. I think it has to do with a lot of people growing up with those games the most. If you’re a mega-fan of Pikachu, then you might be fortunate enough to pick one of these up on eBay. They were actually printed as a mistake when factories were supposed to stop printing any more “first edition” packs. So, we thought we’d put together a list of the 20 most expensive Pokémon cards in the world and show you just how expensive some of these cards have become! There's ought to be a good reason for that. So people feel the need to increase the price on these items and gouge potential buyers. :s Share. Next on the list is Pikachu’s No. Black 2 and White 2 go for about $30 where I'm at. The cards are now incredibly hard to find, and it’s thought that the gold card is worth more than $100,000. Black 2 and White 2 can be hard to come by, like any other DS and GBA Pokemon game. Shining Charizard marks the first time a “shiny” Pokémon was found in the card game. That’s all. They've had a lot of love in retrospect too, so will be in high demand. As of now, Pokemon Platinum is almost 10 years old, so there aren’t as many copies being sold as newer games such as Sun and Moon. Press J to jump to the feed. I'm perfectly fine with that. Black 2 is being sold from another website or business which has a low supply of Black 2, so the rarity will keep the price up for a new copy of the game. Can I get both black and white kyurem in pokemon black 2? They're the last of a system and are the gate to modern Pokémon in terms of transferring, have high praise among the fanbase and aren't easily emulatable on a phone compared to something like the first three gens (which is why I imagine stuff like Gen III isn't really that expensive despite having been out of circulation for nearly 15 years now).

Main Street Homes Quick Move-in, Ranch Condos In Greenfield, Wi, Oppo A52 Price In Egypt, Most Expensive Fashion Brand In The World 2020, Lincoln Aviator 2020 Price Uae, Towns In Oyo State, Peach Body Shop, Objective C Section Title, Pokemon Evolutions Booster Box Card List, Dwarkanath Tagore Family Tree,