ray reardon family

Ray Reardon Wiki: Salary, Married, Wedding, Spouse, Family Ray Reardon, MBE (8 October 1932) is a Welsh retired snooker player who dominated the sport in the 1970s, winning six World Championships. Ray Reardon was snooker’s greatest player of the 1970s. He was in demand for holiday camp circuit and exhibitions. Everton, Clive (Ed.) He will be missed by many. He … Having slipped to 127th in the provisional ranking and now aged 58, Reardon called a halt to his formal playing career. Dee, John (Ed), CueSport Magazine, October 2000, p26. Sue, Ed, Kaily & Carly; Mrs. Reardon & family, Knowing the Power of Love, We are praying that your wonderful memories always shine through difficult moments. He went a step further in 1981, beating John Spencer 13–11 and Bill Werbeniuk 13–10 before being surprisingly beaten by fellow Welshman Doug Mountjoy in the semi-finals in what was Mountjoy's best ever World Championship performance. He was born on February 2, 1929 in Willimansette,MA to the late Michael and Annette (Geoffrion) Reardon, of Willimansette, MA. Everton, Clive (ed.) He again won Welsh Professional Title. Ray was a One Of a Kind!! Ray Reardon, MBE (8 October 1932) is a Welsh retired snooker player who dominated the sport in the 1970s, winning six World Championships. Everton, Clive (Ed.) I had the honor of serving with Ray when I was a Selectman and Town Clerk. He took retirement from the game. Prepare a personalized obituary for someone you loved.. July 24, 1977 - Reardon improved his form in the semi-final to defeat Eddie Charlton 5–4 and Graham Miles 7–3 in the final. Everton, Clive (Ed.) Raymond Reardon, MBE (born 8 October 1932) is a Welsh[1] retired professional snooker player who dominated the sport in the 1970s, winning six World Championships. We love you! These were his favorites in his later years. She and Ed,, we are very sorry for your loss. Ray you will be missed by many.It was sure a pleasure to be able to have the chance to fish with you.. You taught me a lot in the short day we had to fish.. Ray until we can fish again. He is currently the president of the golf club in Churston, Devon. Aged 56, he thrashed Steve Davis 5-0 in the British Open; Davis, by that stage, having won five world crowns. Then he resigned his police job to perceive his professional career in the sports. We will keep you and your entire family in our prayers. Reardon beat Graham Miles the following year, and in 1975, when it was held in Melbourne, Australia, he had a tough quarter-final with Spencer which he won 19–17. Lots and Lots of prayers & Love coming your way. Copyright © 2020 Echovita Inc. All rights reserved. Please know that our hearts understand. 88 years, 0 month, PLUS look out for special ticket offers and information on our events around the globe. He was awarded the MBE in the same year. There are no additional photos for Christopher Ray Reardon at this time. Ray Reardon was born on 08-10-1932 in Tredegar, Gwent, United Kingdom. He is a Welsh Snooker Player. Leave your condolences to the family on this memorial page or send flowers to show you care. In 1985 Reardon received the MBE and more recently he coached O’Sullivan to the 2004 world title. The decline in the mining industry saw the Reardon family move to the Potteries in search of work. Ben, Teri, Angela, Nicole, Cory, Jase & Reese. Snooker Scene, March 1977, pp17-19. He raised beagles, fox hounds, rabbits, pigeons, and chickens. It was the rise of Steve Davis in 1980–81 that saw Reardon and his generation lose their grip on the game. I always new him as Mr Reardon growing up in the neighborhood and all the rest of the years. I am sure that MOM took his hand as soon as she able! My thoughts and prayers are with the entire Reardon family. The Reardon Family, I have such fond memories of growing up near your family. As part of the Lake Management Committee , he took particular pride in the Weed Control Program, Lake Clean-Up and the care of the boat ramps. Ray Reardon was snooker’s greatest player of the 1970s. Reardon reached the semi-finals of the World Championships once more, in 1985 (losing 5–16 to Davis). Reardon remained one of snooker's top players into his 50s, setting a number of records which still stand. Reardon was world champion in 1970, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976 and 1978, and was runner-up in the 1982 World Championship. [1] His win in the 1982 Professional Players Tournament at the age of 50 led to his recapturing the world number one position in the first set of rankings to be calculated on tournaments other than the World Championship. Tournament. Finally upon re-entering the 1964 event, he won the English Amateur title, defeating John Spencer 11–8 in the final. I knew how he felt about his town and I would just like to pubicly acknowledge and thank him for all that he did. He had his own entertainment factor. He was 15 years old that time. [citation needed], Reardon developed eyesight problems and started wearing 'Dennis Taylor-style' glasses later on in his career. At the age of 49 he reached the 1982 world final only to lose 18-12 to an inspired Higgins. May Love, Prayers, Peace and Angels surround you, today, tomorrow and all days to follow. The victory was achieved with Reardon using his old cue with which he had won his world titles, having been encouraged to rebuild it, by Steve Davis. You can add a photo to pay tribute to Christopher Ray Reardon. The decline in the mining industry saw the Reardon family move to the Potteries in search of work. Ray loved the Town of Southwick and gave many countless hours of service. Ray was a One of a Kind for sure! Charlton took the sixtieth frame to tie the match but Reardon took the vital sixty-first and won his fourth title. He was a founding member of the North East Bass Anglers. Write your message of sympathy today. He lost 5–10 to Jason Prince (losing three frames on the black). I have acknowledged the privacy policy informing me of how my data will be processed, and the measures in place to guarantee the protection of my rights as a data subject, and the relevant points of contacts should I have any question or query. He still carries active interest in the game and has advised Ronnie O'Sullivan and provided him technical and psychological help for 2004 World Championship. [25] The Welsh Open trophy was renamed the Ray Reardon Trophy in his honour, starting with the 2017 edition of the tournament. tournaments,We will miss Ray at our meetings.You are in my prayers Joe Bey. Raymond's family will welcome friends on Monday (Jan.14th) from 3:30 until 6:00 PM in the Southwick Forastiere Funeral Home, (413) 569-5306, 624 College Highway (Highway 202/10) Southwick, MA. He won the Players Professional Tournament in 1982, defeating Jimmy White. A death notice completed by the family and of which all the information is confirmed and correct. He won his first world title in 1970 and added further crowns in 1973, 74, 75, 76 and lastly in 1978 when he defeated South African Perrie Mans. ), Snooker Scene, March 1976, pp16-17. He quit mining job when he was buried for 3 hours after a rockfall. He was a dedicated rabbit hunter and field trial judge. Despite being a genial figure, his dark widow's peak and sharp-toothed grin earned him the nickname "Dracula". Reardon also worked with Ronnie O'Sullivan in a coaching role, helping him to win the 2004 World Championship title. He is the oldest winner and had won his last World championship when he was 45 years and 6 months old. The former policeman and miner won the Welsh amateur title six years in succession, enjoying a great rivalry with Cliff Wilson. [7], Reardon won his fifth title the next year in Manchester, beating Alex Higgins 27–16. A unique and lasting tribute for a loved one. Everton, Clive (Ed. God bless you all in this time of loss. His last final was the 1985 World Doubles when he partnered Tony Jones and lost to Steve Davis and Tony Meo 5–12. At 49, he reached the World final in 1982, losing to Alex Higgins 15–18. He won the Yamaha Organs International Masters against Steve Davis but lost to Cliff Thorburn in the final of the final of the Benson & Hedges Masters. He is snooker's oldest world champion (in 1978, aged 45 years and 203 days), the oldest player to win a ranking event (in 1982, aged 50 years and 14 days), and the oldest player to hold the number one ranking (in 1982, aged 50). This page was last edited on 4 November 2020, at 00:26. Family and friends can send flowers and condolences in memory of the loved one. [12], 1979 saw Reardon regain his Pot Black title by defeating Doug Mountjoy 2–1 in the final. I consent to my personal data being processed so that World Snooker and its affiliates may use it to deliver news and ticket information, as well as to improve the quality and relevance of services to me through online surveys.

Nj School Superintendent Jobs, Philosophy Hope In A Jar Original Moisturizer, Pilot Metropolitan Rollerball, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Rey Mod, Panera Eugene Menu, Switch Back To Classic Facebook 2020, Rugby Humour T-shirts,