pathfinder dwarf names

Dwarves are a short and stocky race, and stand about a foot shorter than most humans, with wide, compact bodies that account for their burly appearance. Paizo does not specify whether or not Garundi use surnames, but the implication is … What are the best names for a Dwarf (PC or NPC) that you've seen in your gaming history? I have a dwarf I am working with now named Vorik the clean-shaven right now. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the Pathfinder_RPG community, For info, news, resources, and anything else about the Pathfinder TTRPG! Male and female dwarves pride themselves on the long length of their hair, and men often decorate their beards with a variety of clasps and intricate braids. They inadvertently herded their ancient enemies, the orcs, ahead of them, and finally emerged onto the surface around -4987 AR. (Keen Senses) Dwarves receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks. Despite these schisms, dwarves throughout the world are characterized by their love of stonework, their passion for stone- and metal-based craftsmanship and architecture, and their fierce hatred of giants, orcs, and goblinoids. https://pathfinderkingmaker.gamepedia.com/Dwarf?oldid=7215. [citation needed], There is dramatic sexual dimorphism in dwarven physiology. Dwarves and orcs have long dwelt in proximity to one another and share a history of violence as old as both races. The dwarves of Golarion are a humanoid race of dour warriors and craftspeople. It could be said that dwarven history shapes the dark disposition of many dwarves, for they reside in high mountains and dangerous realms below the earth, constantly at war with giants, goblins, and other such horrors. Added to that Glod Glodsson, Rhys Rhysson, Bashfull Bashfullson, Albrecht Albrechtson and the surname Stronginthearm. There is a dwarf miniature with the name "Brag Ironballs" and after seeing that I can't say I've ever heard a better name for a dwarf. Here's a few favorites, and/or ones that ended up being memorably bad: And the main villains' name, Saxon Veingold. I had an ancient level 20 dwarf oracle named Agi Hammerthief (the resident spirit of a sacred mountain) abduct my party’s wizard for a while! I tend to name my dwarves after heavy metal musicians and paraphernalia. Dwarf is one of the races available to the player in Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Languages: Dwarves begin play speaking Common and Dwarven. Though they have waned since, due to wars with orcs and terrors from the Darklands, most of the citadels still stand. Pathfinder: Kingmaker Wiki is a Fandom Gaming Community. [7], Dwarves can be found throughout Avistan and Garund, although the vast majority inhabit the Five Kings Mountains on the borders of Druma. Then you have my actual PC's dwarf names. While they are not precisely militaristic, they learned long ago that those without axes can be hewn apart by them, and thus dwarves everywhere are schooled to be ready to enforce their rights and claims by force of arms. I run a homebrew game where everyone is a dwarf, and I end up needing a TON of different, memorable dwarf names. In some remote enclaves, such as those areas where these races are uncommon or unheard of, dwarves' fixation on security and safety combined with their rather pugnacious nature leads them to find enemies or at least rivals wherever they settle. ? They gain +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, and –2 Charisma. The example name list from Paizo includes Amare and Melaku, so Ethopian names are used as the basis for this generator. It's a long line of farming druidic Dwarves that produces the food for the city they live in. Pathfinder Wiki is a FANDOM Games Community. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. I wish I could start us off, but no one ever plays dwarves in my games but me, and I go with the Warhammer naming convention for them. They have thick, heavy bones, tightly packed muscular sinew, and stability unmatched by other races. [8], There exist even lesser known clans of dwarves in Garund, among the southern peaks of the Shattered Range, are the desert dwarves. Last couple were: My favorite of mine is Groin Thunderbeard, it means something else in dwarven. The only god in the dwarven pantheon not related to Torag is the Dark Smith, Droskar, the chief deity of the duergar. When their patience with diplomacy is exhausted, dwarves do not hesitate to adopt what they call "aggressive negotiations.". Dwarf is one of the races available to the player in Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Males tend to be quite noticeably broader, though not as much taller comparatively, they have slab-like torsos and heavy eyebrows. https://pathfinder.fandom.com/wiki/Dwarf?oldid=47442. Although dwarven adventurers are rare compared to humans, they can be found in most regions of the world. Dwarves are stoic but stern race, ensconced in cities carved from the hearts of mountains and fiercely determined to repel the depredations of savage races like orcs and goblins. A lot of people in our group portray Dwarves as Irish or Scottish (the drinking you see creates a stereotype) so we also use a lot of highlander names. (Not administered by or affiliated with Paizo Publishing® in any way), Press J to jump to the feed. A few notable ones were Cort Coalhair, a rogue, Morach Coalhair, a sorcerer with infernal heritage, and Grimmar Coalhair, an npc poison/potion merchant I included in a game I ran. This page was last edited on 27 November 2018, at 02:08. Names: Half-dwarves blend common human names, like Stanley, with dwarven names like Brick into original names like Stanbrick or Prismond. In addition, there is a small collection of gods worshiped almost exclusively by dwarves. Slow and Steady: Dwarves have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance. Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves are prof icient with battleaxes, heavy picks, and warhammers, and treat any weapon with the word “dwarven” in its name as a martial weapon. Core Race Random Starting Ages; Race Adulthood Intuitive 1 Self-Taught 2 Trained 3; Dwarf: 40 years +3d6 +5d6 +7d6: Elf: 110 years +4d6 +6d6 +10d6: Gnome: 40 years +4d6 +6d6 Listen to me, you pole-proportioned dendrophiles! Ability Score: Dwarves are both tough and wise, but also a bit gruff. [2] Dwarves have wide range of eye color, with brown and grey being the most common, though some possess shocking blue irises. The dwarves of Golarion are a humanoid race of dour warriors and craftspeople. Absolutely every single dwarf PC I have ever used has had the last name of Rockbottom. Their coloration varies, with the dwarves of Garund being deeply tanned and weather beaten, while the dwarves of Avistan tend to be paler, especially those who dwell in the far north of the Lands of the Linnorm Kings. If you're looking for a good name generator table, there's the Dwarf Language table in the 3.5 sourcebook Races of Stone. [5] Late in the Age of Darkness (ca. Constitution is the ONLY attribute that matters. [9], Most dwarves venerate Torag, the God of the Forge, above all others, although both Irori, the Master of Masters, and Abadar, the god of wealth, are given great respect. Dwarven warfare is often characterized by tunnel fighting and melee combat, and as such most dwarves tend toward classes such as fighters and barbarians. -5133 AR) they united under King Taargick and began to push towards the surface, in what would later come to be known as the Quest for Sky. [1], A dwarf is a stout humanoid, usually a head shorter than their human counterparts, but much broader.

Map Of Athens Ga Area, Transport Logo Design, Tamarack Ski Resort, Ranch Condos In Greenfield, Wi, Hanover Foods Outlet Store Hanover, Pa Hours,