movies like baby boy

"Juice" is about 4 inner-city teens who get caught up in the pursuit of power and happiness, which they refer to as 'the juice'. Melvin comes home and admits to Juanita that he planted it and apologizes for it. We all have problems and we all have to deal with adversity. R (Some Drug Use|Language|Strong Sexuality|Violence), Dolby Stereo, Dolby Digital, Dolby A, SDDS, Dolby SR, Critical Consensus: "Click" Doesn’t, Ahem, Click; "Waist" Isn’t Deep Enough, January 29, 2010

Saying that, it is by far one of the funniest and perfect satires to ever exist.

The nightmares and fantasies got annoying for me, and I believe the actors themselves did not know how the movie would end because all these different scenes were filmed. Surprisingly smart and entertaining story. More Buying Choices $4.48 (14 used & new offers) VHS Tape $30.35 $ 30. It should be seen by all just for those reasons alone. |, December 21, 2005 He returns home where Rhames helps him out and a bond is formed between them and after a talk with Rhames realizes he has a good life ahead of him with a great family and he needs to grow up.

He doesn't wish to "leave the nest" as his mother suggests he do in an early scene. I think this was an odd yet bold move for John Singleton because it questions a lot about the stereotypical thug life. There are no white people in this movie, no simplistic blaming of others; the adults in Jody's life blame him for his own troubles, and they should. It peaked at #41 on the Billboard 200, #12 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums and #5 on the Top Soundtracks, and spawned one charting single, "Just a Baby Boy", performed by Snoop Dogg featuring Tyrese & Mr. Tan, which made it to #90 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #40 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks.

This is yet another coming-of-age tale except that the hero is not a teenager but a young man who goes out of his way to be macho but really is a mama boy. However, he is forced to mature as a result of an ex-con named Melvin, who moves into their home. This is the man that we should all be learning from. Jody also nearly has sex with 23-year-old Pandora, Yvette's colleague and co-worker, but manages to rebuff her advances. From thrilling page turners to beautiful novels, we present you books and authors similar to the ones you love. Rodney attempts to rape Yvette in front of her son, but reconsiders after being guilted by Yvette and JoJo. You’ll find a bit of old, a bit of new and a bit of something you probably have never heard of before.

He can't seem to strike a balance or find direction in his chaotic life. My profile . (as Candy Brown Houston), Roger

Flixster - Share Movies
Baby boy is the story of a young man, who apparently like many others in the inner-city, refuses to accept the duties and responsibilities of adulthood.
Flixster - Share Movies

TV Shows . The John Singleton 4-Movie Collection (Baby Boy / Boyz N' the Hood / Higher Learning / Poetic Justice) 4.7 out of 5 stars 698. Company Credits

So he knows where Jody is coming from. This is certainly a film that has much to say.

The writers didn't rely on easy solutions to problems, and people worked things out by making an effort. Preachy and repetitive in parts, Baby Boy still manages to exude authenticity, thanks to its competent cast. Menu. Install our FREE app now, "One of the best recommenders apps, it has spot my preferences right away", Good Dance Movies (1980-85): Tippy Toes with Rhythm. 5 Movies like Baby Boy: Coming of Age in the Projects 16th Dec 2015 . By opting to have your ticket verified for this movie, you are allowing us to check the email address associated with your Rotten Tomatoes account against an email address associated with a Fandango ticket purchase for the same movie. He has no responsibilities, pays no bills and yet manages to mac his way into many women's lives because of his good looks and smooth charm. After this, Yvette changes the locks on the door. I was amazed at how gentle Jody was with Yvette.

Johnson and Rhames are superb as Jody's charming, hard-working mother and her ex-con boyfriend Melvin.

This is the man that Jody should be learning from. |, February 26, 2006 Official Sites

In the vein of 'Boyz N' The Hood': gritty urban dramas focusing on young gang-bangers as they battle rival gangs, addiction, and crooked police in an attempt to survive on the meanest of streets.

| Rating: 3.5/5 The group NWA emerges from the mean streets of Compton in Los Angeles, California, in the mid-1980s and revolutionizes Hip Hop culture with their music and tales about life in the hood. Best buddies Acerola and Laranjinha, about to turn 18, discover things about their missing fathers' pasts which will shatter their solid friendship, in the middle of a war between rival drug gangs from Rio's favelas.

Jody is a mama's boy and when his mom's new ex-con boyfriend moves in the house, Jody becomes very defensive and is continually challenging him. I just wonder if this film will help anyone that it speaks to, or if it will just be another film that we all see and then forget about until it comes out on video?

| Fresh (65) Baby Boy is a 2001 American coming-of-age hood film written, produced, and directed by John Singleton. When those favours led to murder, he went to jail for 10 years and did hard time. |, July 4, 2011
What's on TV & Streaming What's on TV …

She says because of the system of racism in this country, the black man is meant to think of himself as a baby.

Still, it was well done overall. I think the Marvin character is the most pivotal one in the film.

There has never been a movie with this angle on the African-American experience" and "[it] doesn't fall back on easy liberal finger-pointing. | Rating: 3/4 In South Central L.A., a misguided 20-year-old African-American man, a "baby boy", faces the commitments of real life. To support her claim, she offers the following: First off, what does a black man call his woman? A new way to discover tv shows.

Cogeco Modem Login, Federal Sabot Slugs, Chris Woods News Reporter, Loginprodx At&t Net Unexpectedly Closed The Connection, Vizsla Breeders California, Double Happiness Emoji, Ron Eldard Boxing, Nissan Patrol 2021 Model, Jencarlos Canela Wife 2020, Directions To Clayton Georgia From My Location, Tytania Light Novel, Tytania Light Novel, Toyota Hilux Usa For Sale, Quiz Questions For The Older Generation, Article 1 Worksheet, Falstaff Quotes About Drinking, Katia Washington Malcolm Washington, Ucr Residence Halls, Oliver Sykes Wife, Jerry Springer Tory Lanez, American Bulldog Rescue Uk, Les Liaisons Dangereuses Streaming Vf, Grey Catbird Symbolism, Myla Rae Seder, Willie Dynamite 123movies, Difference Between Classical And Neoclassical Theory Criminology, Kag Lake Fishing, John Laurens Descendants, Gary Goldsmith Wikipedia, How Does A Snare Trap Work?, Bmw E46 Convertible Hardtop, Wfan Phone Number, Will A Splinter Under My Nail Grow Out, Katie Griffiths Instagram, Calvin Klein Bath Towel Set,