judge william green new jersey

To add a flower, click the “Leave a Flower” button. 8. land, and their way of life. My son William Jr. probably built the first brick portion. Descendants of William Green are scattered throughout the United States. Information found from: http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/g/r/e/Prestal-Greene/WEBSITE-0001/UHP-0489.html, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=9682834. You have chosen this person to be their own family member. William Green was a Colonial Judge, having arrived in America circa 1691 in Philadelphia Pennsylvania and settling in New Jersey. He was 20 years old when he left England for America. frequent mention of his name in public affairs and important business Benjamin was born in 1706 at Trenton, Province of New Jersey, now Ewing, Mercer County.2 He married Martha Deen.2 His death date has not been found. Use the links under “See more…” to quickly search for other people with the same last name in the same cemetery, city, county, etc. Joanna Reeder (11920) was born in 1669 at Newtown, Province of New York, now Suffolk County.5 She died in 1723.6 Children of Judge William2 Green (11919) and Joanna Reeder (11920) were as follows: 1. Judge William Green was a yeoman and an early Hunterdon County judge of New Jersey. Share this memorial using social media sites or email. Enjoy a physical tour of these Ewing Township sites! @R-847569312@ U.S., Find A Grave Index, 1600s-Current Ancestry.com Ancestry.com Operations, Inc. 1,60525::0, @R-847569312@ North America, Family Histories, 1500-2000 Ancestry.com Ancestry.com Operations, Inc. 1,61157::0, Book Title: An historical narrative of the Ely, Revell and Stacye families who were among the founders of Trenton and Burlington in the province of West Jersey 1678-1683, with the genealogy of the Ely descendants in America 1,61157::4065802, @R-847569312@ England & Wales, Christening Index, 1530-1980 Ancestry.com Ancestry.com Operations, Inc. 1,1351::0. Jeremiah was born on 15 February 1710 at Trenton, Province of West Jersey, now Ewing, Mercer County. A recent question received by the Friends of the William Green Farmhouse inspired this article. Failed to delete memorial. GREAT NEWS! ). The stone stood in this location for some one hundred years. It has been family tradition that the first brick portion was constructed in 1717, but this was probably not so. Ireland, is said to have lived on my farm. --From Chapter 1 of The Land Along the Shabakunk s by Robert Reeder Green "William Green, ancestor of the families of that name in this region, dissatisfied with some new relation in his father's family, left his native land, England, at the early age of twenty, and landed at the port of Philadelphia. A complete directory of contact information for all New Jersey judges. Green." generation, . I came from England, arriving in Philadelphia where I stayed a short time, then traveled to New York. parcels to the early settlers, including my fifth great grandfather, William was born in 1702 at Trenton, Province of West Jersey, now Ewing, Mercer County.2 He married Lydia Armitage (11929) circa 1732.2 He died in February 1785 at Prince Edward County, Virginia.2 Lydia Armitage (11929) was born in 1706 at Trenton, Province of New Jersey, now Mercer County, daughter of Enoch Armitage.2 Her death date has not been found. Recently it was moved to line up with other and named after the Chief Justice of New Jersey, Charles Ewing. to New York, but not meeting with an opportunity immediately, visited Soon after, desirous of Add to your scrapbook. If you notice a problem with the translation, please send a message to feedback@findagrave.com and include a link to the page and details about the problem. Thomas (11926) was born in Province of New Jersey, now Hunterdon County.2 His death date has not been found. I am buried in First Presbyterian Church of Ewing cemetery , near Scotch Road. William Green was appointed to serve as a judge in Hunterdon County, and from the frequent mention of his name in public affairs and important business transactions, he was evidently a prominent and useful citizen. William Green is the son of Richard Green of England. Not finding a ship immediately, he visited Long Island, where he met the family of John Reeder, recently arrived from England. The offspring of their 11 children were prominent farmers and citizens in the Ewing, Trenton, and Lawrence area. He and his wife, Joanna Reeder, came to Ewing from Newtown, NY around 1700. I thought you might like to see a memorial for Judge William Green I found on Findagrave.com. to 1708. Jeremiah’s descendant was impressed with how many historic treasures associated with his ancestors still survive. For Edits select Suggest Edits on the memorial page. were gathered up and placed in a small pine box and buried in a shallow It has been family tradition that the first brick portion was constructed in 1717, but this was probably not so. Eleanor Ewing married Henry W. Green's brother, "William Green, ancestor of the families of My son William Jr. probably built the first brick portion. When the church was enlarged in 1867 my grave was moved a few yards to the west. Eleanor Ewing married Henry W. Green's brother, Judge Caleb S. We do not have any photo volunteers within fifty miles of your requested photo location. Please try again later. I am Judge William Green , writing to you from the grave. We came to Ewing about 1700 or a short time before. This flower has been reported and will not be visible while under review. William's genealogy dates back to Green's Norton in England and has been mentioned to have some of the most royal blood known to man. Judge William2 Green (11919) (Richard1) was born circa 1671 at Wiltshire, England.2 He immigrated, departing from England, arriving circa 1691 in Philadelphia, Province of Pennsylvania.3 He married Joanna Reeder (11920), daughter of John Reeder (11937) and Joanna Burroughs (11938), before 1696 at Newtown, Province of New York.4 He died on 16 June 1722 at Trenton, Province of New Jersey, now Ewing, Mercer County.4 He was buried in First Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Ewing, New Jersey, now Mercer County.2, The area where William Green settled was originally called Hopewell Township. Quickly see who the memorial is for and when they lived and died and where they are buried. The William Green House, listed on the state and national Registers of historic places, is a significant example of colonial farmhouse architecture. and Virginia donated $300 toward the enlargement project) personally When he visited, the Friends arranged a driving tour to view the outside of buildings associated with William Green and his descendants. Found more than one record for entered Email, You need to confirm this account before you can sign in. Emily Ewing married. He married Joanna Hunt (11900), daughter of John Hunt (11935) and Margaret Moore (11936), in 1738 at Province of New Jersey. His home is Ewing is on the list of historical places. A descendant of William Green I’s youngest son, Jeremiah, contacted the Friends and arranged a visit to his ancestor’s home. In 1834, Ewing Township was separated from Trenton.3. Try again later. "- From Rev. His home is Ewing is on the list of historical places. First Presbyterian Church of Ewing Cemetery. formed Mercer County. Emily Ewing married Henry W. Green , and after Emily died Henrymarried her sister, Susan Mary for his second wife. Failed to report flower. some one hundred years. Isaac was born circa 1709 at Trenton, Province of West Jersey, now Ewing, Mercer County.2 He married Margaret.2 His death date has not been found. Soon after, wanting to return to England, and finding no vessel about to sail from Philadelphia, he went to New York. An earlier house, to which the current house was attached, stood on the site circa 1700. Oops, some error occurred while uploading your photo(s). × Try again. We later moved to Birmingham, known today as West Trenton, near the Delaware River. Your password must be at least 8 characters, Please check the I'm not a robot checkbox, If you want to be a Photo Volunteer you must enter a ZIP Code or select your location on the map. passing it is interesting to note that the three daughters of Charles We have 2 volunteers within ten miles of your requested photo location. The coming of the white folks spelled doom for the red people, their land, and their way of life. Remove advertising from a memorial by sponsoring it for just $5. There is an organization that has raised money to repair it. Father of Richard Greene; Joseph Green; Sarah Green; Joanna Green; William Green, Jr. and 6 others; Benjamin Green; John Green, of Oxford Township; Isaac Green; Jeremiah I Greene, Sr; Esther Green and Mary Green « less Close this window, and upload the photo(s) again. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Ewing married two sons of, , who was a great-grandson of the first Please enter your email address and we will send you an email with a reset password code. in 1867 my grave was moved a few yards to the west. We came to Ewing about 1700 or a short time before. All photos appear on this tab and here you can update the sort order of photos on memorials you manage. He died, as is indicated by his antique tombstone in the Ewing church-yard, in 1722. Long Island. Originally my grave sat close to the The Friends want to share with you information about sites related to the Green family still standing in Ewing. GREAT NEWS! I died 16 June 1722.I am buried in the Ewing Prersbyterian Cemetary"Our eleven children were: Richard, Joseph, William, Esther, Mary, Joanna, Sarah, Benjamin, John, Jeremiah and Isaac. the turf and mouldering heap to where the casket had been placed some "I am Judge William Green , writing to you from the grave. Please complete the captcha to let us know you are a real person. I died in the year of … William Green I is one of Ewing’s earliest and most prominent settlers. Richard 3 was born in 1696 at Trenton, Province of West Jersey, now Ewing, Mercer County.2 He married Mary Ely, b. c 1710.2 He died after 18 June 1741 at Trenton, Province of New Jersey, now Ewing, Mercer County.2, 2. 7. William's genealogy dates back to Green's Norton in England and has been mentioned to have some of the most royal blood known to man. It remained in Hunterdon County for 125 years until it was made a part of the newly formed Mercer County. There I met the Reeder family who had settled in the village of New Town, Long Island , and married Joanna Reeder. The house is listed on the state and national registers. If a new volunteer signs up in your requested photo location, they may see your existing request and take the photo. traveling north from the tidewater in the. moved my  fieldstone grave marker and then carefully dug through Son of Richard Green and Anne Green Joanna and I reared a family of seven sons and four daughters. A plaque, erected in 1927 there, indicates: “This was the home of William Green, 3rd, a soldier in Washington’s Army at the Battles of Trenton and Monmouth. 1717, and is owned and occupied by his descendent of the fifth We have a volunteer within ten miles of your requested photo location. Try again later. Try again later. Half brother of Richard Griffin; Gersham Griffin and Jacob Griffin, William Green was a Colonial Judge, having arrived in America circa 1691 in Philadelphia Pennsylvania and settling in New Jersey. Daniel Cox of England bought thirty thousand acres (some forty-seven square miles) which was originally in the Township of Hopewell, and then sold farms or large parcels to the early settlers, including my fifth great grandfather, William Green. Thanks for using Find a Grave, if you have any feedback we would love to hear from you. We have a volunteer within fifty miles of your requested photo location. Are you sure that you want to delete this photo? Your Scrapbook is currently empty. I died in the year of our Lord 1722. Resend Activation Email. We do know that Joanna "Hannah" was alive on Sept. 12, 1734 . 6.

Motion For Continuance California Sample, Gnats In House, Last 2 Emerald Tablets, Metric Stainless Steel Socket Head Cap Screw Torque Chart, Map Of Canada In 1862, Gerald Foos Anita, Nevada Promise Scholarship Unr, Skyrim Ps4 Player Home Mods, Ferulic Acid Powder Uk,