can a sunpass mini be taped to the windshield

This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to enhance site security and to show you personalised advertising. DaTT Garage Moderator. I hate these new sticker sunpasses. The instructions say that it must be affixed to the windshield by removing the backing and sticking the Sunpass directly on the glass. Barb is right - as long as your vehicle info is plugged into your Sunpass acct they will trace it that way even if you don't have the Sunpass in the vehicle. InterContinental (IHG) Hotels in Key West, Hotels near The Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum, Hotels near Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory, Hotels near Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park, Hotels near Harry S. Truman Little White House, Hotels near Key West Lighthouse and Keeper's Quarters Museum, Hotels near Mel Fisher Maritime Heritage Museum. check out the. 7. This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Why is Allegiant not flying into Destin now? Having checked the SunPass website, I see that the only other transponder option besides the sticker is a $20 one--which would only make sense if you plan to return to FL often. After registering, I can manage my newsletter subscriptions by visiting my Profile Settings page. This made it possible to "stick" the pass on the windshield of the rental and remove it without damaging it. I could save it if needed, but at least I dont have to scrape it off the windshield. Wanted to post to let everyone know how we used the mini-Sunpass with our (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? No problems at all. My windows are Tinted , would Tinted windows defeat the Mini SunPass , Could the Mini be placed on a small piece of glass and placed against the front window , Im about to stick the Mini to a Beer Bottle and place it on the dash. It has a small piece of metal in the middle of the sticker. In theory the mini should be stuck in the windshield, and Sunpass advise it may not work if it isn't. Driving Orlando to Key West - where to stop for 2-3 hours? ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-74190833', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');rent a car you just add the car info to your account. Because I wasn't sure about the placement, I only peeled the corners of it to stick it to my windshield (so that I'd be able to remove it easily) and it works fine for me. I read about the Sunpass sticker being able to use on multiple (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Re: Sunpass . I ordered the mini-sunpass a couple months ago and had it mailed to my home. Though the smaller windshield of a bike may hinder its effectiveness. Can Mini SunPass be placed on the rear windows of the vehicle rather than the front window . I was part of a different thread regarding this. Members who are extremely knowledgeable about this destination and answer travellers’ questions frequently. We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Privacy Statement - In theory the mini should be stuck in the windshield, and Sunpass advise it may not work if it isn't. I just returned from my trip to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? SunPass Mini(adhesive windshield sticker) If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. The way I read the rental agency's policy, it's $3.95 plus tolls for every day on which tolls are incurred. STICKER TYPE TOLL TRANSPONDER APPLICATION VIDEO AND WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS. We're renting a vehicle for our long drive, rather than taking ours which has the Sunpass sticker. SunPass Mini, unlike its predecessor, must be mounted on the glass windshield of the vehicle to work properly and, once applied, generally cannot be removed from a windshield without destroying the pass unless a delicate process making use of heat from a blow-dryer or the sun is used to loosen the adhesive before carefully removing the sticker and reapplying it to a different windshield, after which the … Hi, twina49, sorry, I gave bad advice. Report inappropriate content . Get answers to your questions about Destin, What do the Beach Flags mean and what are the rules for beaching it. Unfortunately, I didn't know about these options before we ordered the $20 suction cup one. more. Remove the protective paper from the sticky side of your SunPass decal. Lay your SunPass sticky side down on to the smooth, glossy Sticker Shield film. Whilst glass is considered an insulator, it does have electrical properties which mean it acts as an antenna for the mini. You can't use glass (or plastic) to "make" an antenna. Save. I don't want to order the $5 one if I can't move it. I only needed it on the way down and on the drive back up. Sticker Shield is a versatile product! Cookie Policy - If you (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Gulf fried shrimp and deep fried chicken wings. My windows are Tinted , would Tinted windows defeat the Mini SunPass , Could the Mini be placed on a small piece of glass and placed against the front window , Im about to stick the Mini to a Beer Bottle and place it on the dash. Are they priced the same locally or is there a cheaper place to buy them? for Destin. However, the exact change and manned booths are on the side - watch for the lanes that split off to the right, and take them. 4 years ago. Live Trip Report...60th Birthday Celebration! Therefore it may not work on a helmet and shouldn't matter if the windshield is tinted. Well, it doesn't specifically say "will not work with motorcycles" so I think it will be ok. 2,005 posts. SunPass Mini(adhesive windshield sticker) Here's the deal: $4.99 at your local grocery store, as thin as a credit card and must be applied to your windshield. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-36885115', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');car, and go thru a toll less than 30 mins later. Advertising - Wish you could activate one immediately. SunPass Mini(adhesive windshield sticker), just a fat kid chasing an ice cream truck, If this is your first visit, be sure to SunPass Portable and SunPass Mini Transponder need to be mounted to the inside of your vehicle’s windshield. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS AT STICKERSHIELD.COM! I want emails from Fodor's Travel with travel information and promotions. more. So you have a US drivers licence I think? This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. Continue your visit to www.tripadvisor.com, Get answers to your questions about Key West, What are some good books to read during a trip to Key West. Meant to add, if you do go the transponder route, make sure that your rental car license plate is added to that account, and then removed afterwards. Rub Sticker Shield film firmly on to your windshield to make it smooth and remove any air bubbles. The other idea would be to buy a new sticker and re-register for the same account (keeping the money), seems still cheaper than paying the rental company. Key West Full-Day Power Adventure: Sailing & Watersports Package, Key West Sunset Sail with Full Bar, Live Music & Hors D'oeuvres, Key West Florida Reef Half-Day Snorkeling Excursion, Dry Tortugas Plane and question about itinerary. We sometimes rent cars. What are some of the bike trails in the area? For best results, make sure your hands and the surface you are working on are clean and free of dirt, dust, moisture and grease. Lay the Sticker Shield on a clean flat surface with the protective paper side up. I wonder. When you are ready to apply SunPass to your windshield, remove the protective paper from Sticker Shield revealing the sticky side of the film. Apr 24, 2005 #3 Originally posted by: DaTT … Lay SunPass on top of Sticker Shield and mark the area to be trimmed out (about 1/8 inch around the SunPass sticker). To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html. Why not just pay cash at the toll booths? It'll work if you hold it up. The following errors occurred with your submission. Moderator. CrackRabbit Lifer. Recent "House Hunters" show - sticker shock! or maybe I just haven't gotten a ticket in years because its too small, I dunno, Maybe the guy taking the pics just wanted to see your butt. Harbor Lights Tiki Cruise through Destin Harbor, Inshore Fishing on the Waters of the Choctawhatchee Bay, http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html. So to me, the $4.95 transponder makes more sense as it will save you a few bucks. SunPass Mini and other sticker type toll transponders can be easily repositioned or removed with Sticker Shield. https://www.cfxway.com/TravelersExpr...rces/Maps.aspx. Archive - GOP Convention likely to be held in Tampa (2012). Nicest private charter boat for a wow factor? Going from Orlando to AMI you only have to go through a couple of tolls if you take the Beach Line (528) to I-4. Related: What are the most popular tours in Key West? Looks like that 24 hour figure is just to cover themselves (CYA) in case they run into a glitch somewhere in the process. Why should the authorities have any sympathy for people who refuse to follow directions? In a previous thread MBL said that she forgot her windshield sticker and she was ok because the system gets your info from your license plate. I used a hole punch to put a hole in each corner of the name tag cover, then I took a knife and cut a 1 inch by 1/2 inch hole in the center of the name tag cover for the area with the metal. The windshield is supposed to act as an antenna. As far as moving the SunPass Mini (e.g. I know the regular transponder works if it is just laying on top of the dash. I wonder if it would work just as well if it is simply hung from the rear view mirror - so there's no need to cut holes in the name tag holder. Not! I had one of the original ones, and it broke a couple months back and I had to get one of those sticker things, I found no, they dont work unless you actually stick them to the windshield. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-74208591', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');renting_a_car_are_we_screwed-Destin_Florida.html) We may have used these suggestions if we had known, but as frugal as I am, sometimes it's easier to just spend more money rather than hassle. Using scissors, cut Sticker Shield to the size you marked. By clicking on or navigating the site, you agree to our use of cookies. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-73120298', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');cars by wrapping it in saran wrap. We are going to purchase a Sunpass. After activating the rental car plate number on the sun pass website, I removed the original cover from the back of the name tag cover containing the mini. Again just so you are clear, it's only $4.00 total if you pay cash. Now you can easily remove and adjust your SunPass to ensure proper signal reception, to ensure it does not block your field of view and to remove it from the vehicle completely when you sell your vehicle or just want to protect your SunPass from theft. My question would be whether just taping the sunpass mini to the windshield would work? This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. my bike tag is registered and it gets charged just as if I forgot the sunpass in the car. Level Contributor . You might want to ask her with a private message, but I have the $20 Sunpass and it is wonderful. The rental car will be from either Alamo or Enterprise, both of which indicate "$3.95 fee per usage day (24 hr.

Wheelchair Emoji Csgo, America Is In The Heart Quotes, Book Background Wallpaper, Tielemans Fifa 20 Potential, Over My Dead Body Idiom Meaning, Meditation And Its Methods Pdf, Niv Life Application Study Bible Thumb Indexed Leather, Kabaddi Logo Vector, Clean Fill Dirt For Sale Near Me, Voluntary And Involuntary Muscles Examples, Things To Do In Powell Tn, Shift Dress Pattern Pdf, Vermintide 2 Dlc Characters,