bmw 325i fuel pump problems

So how do you find out what problems are occurring? Make sure that you receive a repair invoice when you pick up the car which clearly outlines the problem you complained about. The Repair Cost graphically displays approximately how expensive the repair will be to perform. To unsnap it from the two dashboard hooks, grasp the top of the mounting rack and push forward (towards firewall). Or... maybe he just has a defective fuel pump.... or the fuel lines went bad for some other reason.. This occurs with the car being parked in the sun with the engine not running. Flip the plug over and identify the blue/white wire. Bentley repair manuals: Here’s the condensed points from the linked article, above: Note that you should first take a look at the spark plugs to make sure they are not fouled, due to the potentially rich fuel problems that you may have been dealing with during the warm re-start problems. No doubt I've occasionally used some lesser-quality premium gas from time to time, but here again, isn't it reasonable to expect a certain minimal level of robustness in a well-engineered car? Follow the wire into the plug and identify the terminal it is connected to. did they do a chemical test or something? 8 Posts . If the test light does not activate, there may be an issue with the DME or with its wiring to the fuel pump relay. This is where you will check with a multimeter or test light to verify the pump is being supplied with power. Replaced Fuel Pump Relay (Green) DME Relay (White) is the main relay for the fuel pump. If this was widespread, it would have been in the forefront as much as the HPFP issues. At this point, after thoroughly checking the car, he cut open the original fuel pump. []))), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!! My car was towed to my house and is sitting in my garage. It’s time for another defect alert–this time around, it’s the BMW 335i. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to. Use the door hinge bolt as a ground (see image below). Performing a pressure test on the fuel system requires attaching a fuel pressure gauge (available from any auto parts store or our tool list above) to the fuel rail at the top of the engine. Who would buy it, anyway? Thank god she got out ok but was traumatized by the incident. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. The contact attempted to accelerate but the vehicle stalled. My wife also likes BMW's, purely for the status - the dealershis are inferior to our Infiniti and Acura dealers. Thanks to the gentle prodding I received as a result of this posting and thread, I just called BMW and asked them for a better explanation. It's a known problem and they stood behind it with a long extended warranty. If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices. The car lost power, brakes. He believed that the fuel had caused all of the fuel pumps to fail. We took it immediately to our mechanic. The repair cost is defined as the actual money that would need to be spent to purchase required parts and special tools that would not be normally found in the home mechanics garage. What fuel lines "going in?" Cut approximately six inches of 14 gauge wire and strip the ends. Use an, The module mounting rack is anchored at the top by. Where can I possibly find my problem with no power to the fuel pump … If the explanation BMW provided is correct, it suggests that every BMW 328 on the road today is vulnerable to this problem. Fuel pump relay (may be required) – If you determine after testing that the fuel pump relay is bad, replace it with the following factory replacement. Do you agree? Still have a question? it definitely sucks. He did some tests with the wiring and now my fuel level gauge shows empty( with the warning light on also). I have fitted a brand new pump unit which includes a new sender, gauge still showing empty. [])), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!! He replaced the fuel pump a third time. If the pump is not receiving power, then there is most likely a problem with either its fuse(s) or relay. Even the make of the pump cannot be blamed because my mechanic used both BMW and non-BMW parts trying to repair this 2001 BMW 325xi. The notion of "deterioration" (their word) suggests a process that happened over time, not an infusion of the wrong kind of fuel. Given the age of the car and the mileage, I really don't think it matters what caused the failures. As the difficulty level rises expect the repair to demand more time, use more specialized tools, and require a better understanding of mechanics to complete the job. The contact owns a 2004 325 BMW. Given that they have already made an adjustment, I'd just let it go if I were you, because you did get 100K of use out of the parts, so you have to consider the value received. fuel gauge is stuck on empty. It did take 3 days for the repairs, and the dealer, as usual, did not have a loaner even though I was promised one and booked two weeks in advance. Since this happened we have found many similar fires documented on the web. 20%? i too have experienced this problem on my recently purchased 325i. The local BMW owners referred to it quite regularly as The Evil Empire. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. We would like to try again. Some one said to change the fuel pump. Replacing the solenoid as was recommended has not solved this problem. Who would buy it, anyway? Copied below, you will find a letter I wrote to BMW Customer Relations earlier this month, detailing an experience I had involving a fuel pump failure on my 2007 BMW 328xi. Use a bungee cord if necessary to safely stow it out of the work area. 2. BMW E30 325i (and others) No Start After Storage – Fuel Pump? I think your service advisor is talking out of his... er.... hat.. Ditto on your entire posting. Start by verifying there is power at terminal 8 from the E-box fuse with a test light or multimeter. Be sure to come back and share!Edmunds Moderator, Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2014 M235i; 2009 Cooper Clubman; 1999 Wrangler; 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i. I was real low on gas, so i put a couple of gallons in it and nothing. To perform a fuel line pressure test, please read our article BMW Fuel Pressure Test – Fuel Rail/Schrader Valve Method. October 27, 2010. It is simply held in place with a plastic tab that slides into the plastic module mounting rack. This is nothing new–the manufacturer is aware of the problem and has extended the warranty on the part, and the message boards have repeatedly covered the issue. Insert one end of your test wire into terminal 6 and the other end into terminal 2. If the engine does not start or try to start, at all, make sure to test for spark, injector pulse and fuel pump operation as noted below: * Test the spark by using a spark tester or by removing one ignition wire from a spark plug and inserting a spare spark plug into the boot/connector. If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware. For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. BMW deals are like Hyundai dealers except they have fancier coffee machines.. You should also report this to the NHTSA. Call us at 800.535.2002 or click Otto to email. I don't know if this helps at all, but last week my 2008 335i had a "Engine Malfunction" warning, followed by the check engine light - the physical reaction was reduced engine power. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Flip the plug over and identify the blue/white wire. It is good that you have a decent dealer. It is the successor to the M54 which was used in various E36, E39 and E46 models. When you say that the car has power, I assume that you mean that the battery is charged and the systems seem to turn on when the key is turned to RUN and the starter cranks when turned to START. The issue here is neither the age of the car nor the age of the fuel pumps. You can now access the fuel pump cover. We give you several quality options below based on your brand preference and budget. Ground the metal body of the spark plug on the engine valve cover. Would it be easy for me and my son to check the fuel rail our selves? car year: 1989 when the driver demands a sudden increase in acceleration, the car hesitates anywhere from 1.5 to 3 seconds. +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(+!! Additionally, have you checked for spark and injector pulse? Checking the fuel pump relay is unfortunately a little more time consuming. Next you will need to verify there is not a DME issue by confirming the fuel pump relay is properly grounded when the ignition key is turned on.

8 Exam Papers Pdf, Garage Apartments Tulsa, Petty Cash Problems And Solutions, All Charms In Cadence Of Hyrule, 5 Week Old Bunny, Audi A1 Hidden Features, Thomas Zizzo Age, Lloyd Eaton Apology, Ganguly Mantri Biography, Percy Jackson Lemon Fanfiction Harem,