4mb cache vs 8mb cache

I need a Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP server for hosting dynamic websites. Is bios update required for ASRock B450M. Become a member today and access the collective knowledge of thousands of technology experts. Can anyone tell me more specifically what the smart cache technology is? I am trying to select a processor for a future rig I am putting together and I was wondering if there was a noticeable difference between an intel i5 processor with a 8MB L3 cache and one with a 4MB cache. Is a computer with an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T and 8 GB RAM still useful for anything or does it belong in the trash? Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by CptProletariat, Oct 20, 2006. Joined Sep 25, 2003 Messages 954. 8mb cache vs 4mb cache. It is like having another employee that is extremely experienced. Still have questions? Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 720QM (1.60Ghz, 6MB cache) Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 820QM (1.73Ghz, 8MB cache) whats the difference between a 6MB cache and an 8MB cache. https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/23143186/What-is-better-2-00GHz-1-x-4MB-cache-OR-1-60GHz-1-x-8MB-cache.html. Ryzen 7 3700x.. Experts Exchange always has the answer, or at the least points me in the correct direction! Privacy Policy and It may not display this or other websites correctly. Get your answers by asking now. Dude, we are saying it is 2mb because 90% of HD's have 2 meg caches, and 10% have 8 meg. System Name: Pegasus: … how u kno? Our community of experts have been thoroughly vetted for their expertise and industry experience. *This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Go with your preference on this one but again in computer terms the 4MB cache is better. ahahah...if so...than would the 80gb b better than the 120? Except for the fact that it is a large last level shared cache. Thread Status: Not open for further replies. i am looking to buy a dell laptop and on their website customizing a laptop there is one thing that baffles me, i dont understand the whole processor cache thing!! They both use IDE cables and I only use about 20gb tops. I have a Maxtor 120gb HD w/ 4mb cache right now in my computer. But if your doing something else with the computer then CPU speed will matter too. I have a Maxtor 120gb HD w/ 4mb cache right now in my computer. Trump, Biden locked in close race as vote-counting stalls, Trump falsely claims victory, wants 'all voting to stop', Cable news anchors unload on President Trump, Ex-NBA star Eddie Johnson dies at 65 in prison, Why Trump hasn't won election despite his claim, Jerry Jones: DiNucci's 1st NFL start was 'a lot for him', Duchess Meghan makes history by casting vote, Pennsylvania emerges as online misinformation hotspot, Protesters scuffle amid election night vote tallies, 'Star Wars' actors reunite to back Fauci, absentee voting, Pa. Republicans trying to cast doubt on election results. Thread starter Retardo; Start date Feb 10, 2004; Feb 10, 2004 #1 R. Retardo Gawd. Joined Oct 28, 2007 Messages 690 (0.15/day) System Specs. I am trying to select a processor for a future rig I am putting together and I was wondering if there was a noticeable difference between an intel i5 processor with a 8MB L3 cache and one with a 4MB cache. Can clutter on your computer affect your mind? Excluding SCSI drives of course, for which I've seen many different cache sizes. They both use IDE cables and I only use about 20gb tops. When asked, what has been your best career decision? Games are mostly all video card performance. Get the 3.2 Gz, plenty of RAM, 7,200 RPM hard drive a fat BUS if all possible 1 Ghz or better. I dont want to put both HD in b/c i dont have enuff cables too so...either the Maxtor or WD. Connect with Certified Experts to gain insight and support on specific technology challenges including: Experts Exchange is the only place where you can interact directly with leading experts in the technology field. I know its … Page 1 of 2 1 2 Next > CptProletariat Notebook Enthusiast. Gain unlimited access to on-demand training courses with an Experts Exchange subscription. I dont want to … JavaScript is disabled. Single Processor Dual Core Xeon 5130 - 2.00GHz (Woodcrest) - 1 x 4MB cache Single Processor Quad Core Xeon 5310 - 1.60GHz (Clovertown) - 1 x 8MB cache Which is better? it really depends on what the access is, a 2mb is fine for a "storage" HDD, but for something that is getting alot of access (OS swapfile ect) an 8mb will improve that. Would I see any performance increase if I switch the 2 out? In reality there is no HUGE difference. Are RAM addresses no longer mapped to cache addresses based on the associativity of the cache? Is it safe/wise to put a used PSU into a new PC I'm building? 8MB L3 cache vs. 4MB L3? in hardware terms you would go with the 4MB cache because the game would be able to cache more. The older i5 760 does have a larger cache at 8MB in size, and can rival or beat the i5 2500k in certain applications, thanks to the larger cache, but that applies mostly to video rendering and the like. which one would have a greater speed? (Get your first solution completely free - no credit card required). http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/p35180615170b8fc054fe291e7bb14da7/f9a73276.jpg.orig.jpg. Would I see any performance increase if I switch the 2 out? is there a way u can check how many cache ur HD has instead of uplugging it and takin it out of the case? **PLEASE READ DETAILS**? N-Gen. Terms of Service apply. Reputations: 0 Messages: 11 Likes Received: 0 Trophy Points: 5. really? can i use ddr4 ram in an dell dimention 8200? Being involved with EE helped me to grow personally and professionally. I also have a 80gb Wester Digital HD w/ 8mb cache. I also have a 80gb Wester Digital HD w/ 8mb cache. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. You are using an out of date browser. What's the difference between these router models? For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. How does the smart cache technology affect the mapping of RAM addresses to cache locations? READ MORE. We help IT Professionals succeed at work. The extra cache does not seem to help game performance though, and the 2500k performs better in that field, despite the smaller cache size.

Sharon Needles And Chad Michaels Engaged, Wheel Visualizer Australia, How To Respond To We Don T Talk Anymore, Espn Staff Directory, Asylum Blackout Ending Explained Reddit, Loletha Adkins Age, Where Is The Moai Emoji Located On Keyboard, Iceco Vs Dometic, Mr Freshie Crocodile,